A distressed wood furniture finish can give any piece of furniture an antique look. This method involves removing the paint on the furniture parts randomly chosen to make it look that has stood the test of time. Manual application of this finish is one way to make your furniture look rustic and old, even if they are new. Instructions how to create distressed wood furniture.
- Place the fabric to cover the floor of your workplace. Let the paint dry for at least 24 hours.
- Apply on the furniture a thin coat of paste wax with a clean cloth. You can apply it on the furniture in general or just the parts you want to make distressed wood furniture. Allow the wax to dry for at least an hour before proceeding.
- With a brush polyester 5 cm, applying nail color wood you want it is the furniture. Let polish dry completely overnight.
- Sand the cabinet slightly randomly chosen to remove portions of enamel wood areas.
- Remove the dust furniture loose sand with a clean cloth. Continue sanding at the top of the cabinet randomly choosing areas.
- Dragging a wire brush across the surface to age even wood.
12 How To Create Distressed Wood Furniture Photos