The living room is a gathering place for family and friends. Arranging living room furniture has to accommodate several pieces and can be used for various purposes, such as watching television, entertaining guests and play.
- Measure the length and width of the arranging living room furniture. Record these numbers and make a scale drawing of the room, marking the locations of windows and entrances.
- Measure the length and width of the sofa, chairs, tables and other furniture, such as bookshelves, to be placed in the room.
- Accommodates cuts placing the sofa and chairs to look at the focal point of the room, and form a “U”. If there is no focal point, position the sofa on the longest wall.
- Place a coffee table in front of the sofa and tables on both sides of this. This is the conversation area and anchor for the room.
- Work outward from your conversation area. If television is the main attraction in the room, opposite the sofa. Put the chairs angled on both sides, to look at television.
- Create small areas in the room. Using your clippings, arranging living room furniture to make room for a game table and chairs, a bookshelf and a reading chair, or other custom spaces.
12 How To Arranging Living Room Furniture Photos