The living room is a gathering place for family and friends. Arranging living room furniture has to accommodate several pieces and can be used for various purposes, such as watching television, entertaining guests and play.
12 Photos Gallery of: How To Arranging Living Room Furniture
- Measure the length and width of the arranging living room furniture. Record these numbers and make a scale drawing of the room, marking the locations of windows and entrances.
- Measure the length and width of the sofa, chairs, tables and other furniture, such as bookshelves, to be placed in the room.
- Accommodates cuts placing the sofa and chairs to look at the focal point of the room, and form a “U”. If there is no focal point, position the sofa on the longest wall.
- Place a coffee table in front of the sofa and tables on both sides of this. This is the conversation area and anchor for the room.
- Work outward from your conversation area. If television is the main attraction in the room, opposite the sofa. Put the chairs angled on both sides, to look at television.
- Create small areas in the room. Using your clippings, arranging living room furniture to make room for a game table and chairs, a bookshelf and a reading chair, or other custom spaces.